Sunday, April 24, 2011

Seven years ago at high noon


April 2011



















Seven years ago today, Mark and I were married at Strawbridge United Methodist Church at 'high noon' - as Mark liked to joke. Mark looked so handsome in his tuxedo and I...well, I could barely breathe in my fitted gown but I sure did feel like a princess marrying my prince. Not a day goes by that I don't notice the collage of wedding photos on our bedroom wall and smile. It was an amazing day.

Lately we've talked about our anniversary with disbelief. 'Has it really been 7 years of marriage? Have we really known each other for 10 years?' we ask with a smile. The time truly has gone by so quickly. Within months of getting married we had the opportunity to move back to Mark's hometown and we have been quite happy here ever since. We were blessed with our first child, Ian, about a year and a half after our move. And then two and a half years after Ian's birth, God brought us Anna. Now here we are two years after Anna's birth, marveling at all that has changed since April 24, 2004.


Before marrying Mark I knew he would be a devoted, faithful and loving husband but he has certainly impressed me with how those traits as a husband have also been true as it regards fatherhood. Our children respect and adore him - as do I.

Life is a bit wild at times....but it is so good! I look forward to seeing what amazing plan God has for our marriage and our family in the next seven years.

No comments:

Post a Comment