Tuesday, February 8, 2011

BBQ Chicken Nachos

Each summer our family travels with Mark's family to Colorado for a family vacation. One of our favorite local restaurants is called Bear Creek Saloon. It's easily my favorite in town because of their fantastic BBQ nachos. I finally found a recipe online that seemed close enough so I adapted it a bit and tried making it for dinner tonight. I believe BCS uses pulled pork but I opted to use chicken since that's what I had on hand. The nachos were a hit with Mark and me so I thought I'd share the recipe. This would make great football or movie-night snack food! Get out your elastic waist pants...it's filling. :)


{BBQ Chicken Nachos}
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 bottle of BBQ sauce
1/3 to ½ block of Mild Mexican Velveeta
1 can Rotel
1/2 can Black Beans (drained)
Tortilla chips
Sour cream, lettuce, etc. (for topping)


Place chicken and BBQ sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours. Once the chicken is done, remove it from slow cooker and separate with fork so it shreds. Place chicken into a bowl, pouring about ½ cup BBQ sauce from slow cooker on top. Cut Velveeta into small cubes and put in microwave safe container. Add Rotel and black beans to cheese cubes and melt in microwave. Meanwhile, line a baking pan with foil and spread chips out. Layer cheese mixture over chips, then shredded chicken, then a bit more cheese mixture. Bake in oven about 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Top nachos with sour cream, lettuce, etc.   (MAKES 4-6 SERVINGS)

No comments:

Post a Comment