Thursday, March 3, 2011

Shopping for sparkles

A young girl who was probably about eight years old touched my heart and left me with a big smile this week. She came in with her foster mom and I got to help her shop. She was so bubbly, sweet and 'all girl'. She was drawn to the bright colored tops that had sparkles on them. Each shirt I pulled out she would get more and more excited as she saw they all had embellishments. She tried on her clothes and would come out to 'model' them for her mom. She was too cute. She found two shirts she loved and then proceeded to try on about ten different pairs of shoes. We were getting such a big kick out of this young lady and she was having a ball on her 'spree'. As she left the resource center, she waved and told us all thank-you and goodbye. And I think I smiled the rest of the day because this little angel of a girl could put on such a brave and happy face despite her situation. God has His hand on her, for sure. She is full of light!

No comments:

Post a Comment